B5: Events - Waiting for Events
Level B, Lesson 5: Students will review what they have already accomplished with Repeat blocks and explore using Wait For blocks. They will use Blockly preset programs and Challenge Cards to practice their new skills.
- Define how events are used to create code.
- Define the Wait For block and how it might be used.
- Locate the Wait For block.
- Design a program that uses Wait For and Repeat blocks.
- Use the Wait For and Repeat blocks to revise code and complete coding challenges in an iterative process.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- British Columbia - ADST
- Alberta - ICT
- Nova Scotia - ICT
Robots and Accessories
- 1 tablet per group
- projector or interactive display with mirroring capability
- (optional) Challenge Cards: B 3.1, B 3.2, B 3.3
- (optional) 1 dry erase marker per group
- (optional) access to Twitter and Instagra
Find Out More
Open their eyes to how the world works, coding ideas into adventures.
- Buy Dash and Dot
- Free Apps for Apple and Android
- Tablet Compatibility
- View All Lessons
- Subscribe for Premium Co-Curricular Lessons
- Start a Robotics Coding Club
- Register for the Worldwide Robotics Competition