mBot: Electric Presentation (Gr. 5-6)
Using coding to model a simple electric circuit.
The mBot can be used to demonstrate student understanding in practically any curriculum area. In this case, we use a popular programming algorithm (line following) to help students showcase and retain the basic concepts of a simple electric circuit.
Overall Curriculum Learning Goals
- Electricity (Lesson Focus)
- Circuit Diagrams
Overall Coding Learning Goals
- If Statements
- Line Following
• Grade 6 Science – Electricity
- Class 1 - Intro to mBlock, Simple Circuits, and Condition Based Loops (~30min)
- Class 2 - If Statements and Line Following (~40min)
- Class 3 - Main Electric Presentation Challenge (~50min)
Robots and Accessories
- mBlock Software
- Black Tape (Duct tape works well, thicker the better)