Draw and Analyze Geometric Figures: Cue Cards
In this lesson, students will work in small groups, programming Cue to draw triangles per a given set of conditions using the Sketch Kit. The objective is to recognize the conditions in which it is possible or impossible to draw a unique triangle or more than one triangle and explain the reasoning.
- program Cue to draw a triangle(s) under given conditions (e.g., lengths of sides or measurement of angles).
- recognize conditions that would make it possible or impossible to draw a unique triangle or more than one triangle.
- explain why it is possible or impossible to draw these triangles.
- record their reasoning on a Cue Card.
- recognize the attributes of equilateral, isosceles, and right triangles.
- use a metric ruler to measure sides of triangles in centimeters.
- use a protractor to measure angles.
Target Grades: 6 - 8