CyberPi: Sound Recorder I (Gr. 6-8)
In this lesson, students will transform the CyberPi into a pocket-sized audio recorder and playback device by combining the speaker, microphone and integrated storage. Through an iterative process, students will evaluate their projects and improve their sound recorders.
- Create a program in mBlock that records and plays back audio.
- Follow an iterative process to develop a solution to a computing problem.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - ICT
- Alberta - CTF
- British Columbia - ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Networkable microcontroller for Computer Science and AI education
CyberPi is a single-board computer, packed with advanced electronics which makes it a powerful coding machine! In combination with an impressive mBlock coding editor, it supports the development of coding skills from block-based programming to Python. The Python editor is a platform designed for learning and teaching Python and Micropython - taking AI, IoT and Data Science learning to the next level!