CyberPi: Data Protection and Passwords (Gr. 9-10)
Python Coding: Beginner
In this lesson, students will explore the topic of data security and create a digital artifact to demonstrate how a password-protected security device can protect personal data. Students will need to describe commonly used data security measures and when to use them. Based on real-life scenarios, students should explain the importance of data security measures. Students will also explore how to use physical security devices to verify and confirm information.
- Using variables to transmit data between computer and CyberPi
- Displaying text and information onto the CyberPi screen
- Importance of data security and password protection
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Computer Science
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Networkable microcontroller for Computer Science and AI education
CyberPi is a single-board computer, packed with advanced electronics which makes it a powerful coding machine! In combination with an impressive mBlock coding editor, it supports the development of coding skills from block-based programming to Python. The Python editor is a platform designed for learning and teaching Python and Micropython - taking AI, IoT and Data Science learning to the next level!