Codey Rocky: The Power of Variables in Patterns (Grade 4-5)
In this lesson, students will learn the power of variables and how they can be used to predict the the next pattern of shapes and figures in a specific sequence.
1. By the end of this lesson students will be able to describe what a variable is.
2. By the end of this lesson students will be able to program a patterns of figures using variables on Codey Rocky.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & ICT
- Alberta - Mathematics, ICT & CTF
- British Columbia - Mathematics & ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Write your first line of code!
Codey Rocky combines hardware with software, allowing children to learn about programming while they play and create. Using mBlock, a software which supports both blocked-based and Python programming, Codey Rocky takes children by their hands and leads them into the world of technology with its in-built AI and IoT functionalities, giving them a competitive edge in the AI era.