B6: Assessment - Designing Solutions for the Home
Level B, Lesson 6: In this lesson, students will work in small groups, using Dash to solve a problem at home. Students will use the Design Thinking Process to identify a problem and possible solution(s). Then they will plan an attachment for Dash, along with an algorithm.
- Demonstrate and use the coding concepts introduced in Level B to program a set of instructions for Dash to follow. These concepts would include: sequences, loops, and events.
- Assign specific parameters to different coding blocks such as drive and repeat blocks.
- Learn about the beginning steps of the Design Thinking Process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Build, and Improve.
- Confirm understanding of discussion by asking and answering questions.
- Draw an attachment for Dash.
- Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event.
- Follow agreed-upon rules during group discussions.
- Explain ideas to peers and teacher audibly and clearly with guidance and support from teacher to improve their initial designs.
Robots and Accessories
- 1 tablet per group
- large sheets of bulletin board paper
- different-colored crayons/markers/pencils (1 per student)
- [Optional] If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen