C6: Assessment - Designing Solutions for the Classroom
Level C, Lesson 6: In this lesson, students will work in small groups, using Dash to solve a classroom problem. Students will use the Design Thinking Process to identify a problem and possible solutions. Then they will plan, build, and test a solution to the problem.
- Demonstrate and use the coding concepts introduced in Level C to program a set of instructions for Dash to follow. These concepts include sequences with complex parameters, multiple loops, and event handlers.
- Determine and/or clarify the meaning of terminology related to coding and design.
- Apply the steps of the Design Thinking Process to construct a new accessory for Dash.
- Document the Design Thinking Process in their Design Thinking Workbook.
- Explain their ideas with peers and teachers.
- Create an engaging presentation about their design to share with the class.
Robots and Accessories
- 1 tablet per group
- scratch paper (or work can be done online)
- different-colored crayons/markers/pencils (1 per student)
- pencils (1 per student)
- recycled materials (e.g., cardboard, paper plates, spoons, rubber bands, scratch paper, foil, straws, folders)