Python: Arithmetic & Python (Gr. 9-10)
In this lesson, students are introduced to the textual programming language, Python. Students will gain an initial conceptual understanding of Python and try to write their first Python code to complete calculations and solve problems.
- Use the mBlock Python editor interface
- Learn how to use the print() function to output
- Utilize Python arithmetic operators to perform mathematical calculations
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics & Computer Science
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
mBlock and Python Coding - The Programming Language of the Future
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python's simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. With mBlock, Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form.