We all react to events that happen around us, be it cheering when the school team wins, crying at a sad movie, or dancing when we hear music. In this lesson, students will learn how to teach Dash and Dot to respond to events that happen around them!
- Learn the process by which living creatures sense, process, and react to information
- Connect the sensors on robots to human senses
- Connect computer programs to the way the brain handles information, and learn that those programs are called "event handlers."
- Write a short story involving a descriptive flow of events
- Write a blocky program involving events and event handling
- Grade 1 - Science, Needs and Characteristics of Living Things (ULS), Animal Characteristics, Animal Senses, Language, Writing, Oral Communication
- Grade 2 - Science, Growth and Changes in Animals (ULS), Adaptations and Physical Characteristics of Animals, Language, Writing, Oral Communication
- Grade 4 - Science, Plant and Animal Senses, ADST
- Grade 4 - ELA, Creating Text, Arts, Drama, Storytelling, ICT, Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
- Class 1: Senses and sensors (30 minutes)
- Class 2: Event Handing with dash and dot (30 - 40 minutes)
- Class 3: Class Presentations (20 - 30 minutes)