Dash & Dot: A Series of Unfortunate Events (Gr. 1-6)
We all react to events that happen around us, be it cheering when the school team wins, crying at a sad movie, or dancing when we hear music. In this lesson, students will learn how to teach Dash and Dot to respond to events that happen around them!
- Learn the process by which living creatures sense, process, and react to information
- Connect the sensors on robots to human senses
- Connect computer programs to the way the brain handles information, and learn that those programs are called "event handlers."
- Write a short story involving a descriptive flow of events
- Write a Blocky program involving events and event handling
- Class 1: Senses and sensors (30 minutes)
- Class 2: Event Handing with dash and dot (30 - 40 minutes)
- Class 3: Class Presentations (20 - 30 minutes)
Robots and Accessories
- Senses and Events Presentation
- Computer an with an projector for presentation
- Boxes of senses (complied from classroom objects)
- Brain Event Handling Sheet
- Tablets - (See Compatible Devices)